This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

egcs on Linux Ultra Sparc



I'm having a problem compiling egcs under
[lohner@xia01 egcs]$ uname -a
Linux xia01 2.1.99 #1 Sat May 2 18:35:38 1998 sparc64 unknown
[lohner@xia01 egcs]$ gcc --version
2.7.2.3
[lohner@xia01 egcs]$ file /usr/bin/gcc
/usr/bin/gcc: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1, dynamically 
linked, stripped

Here are the relevant sections of the make log... I'm guessing the problem 
has something to do with trying to use a compiler build for/under a 32 bit 
system to build a 64 bit compiler on a 64 bit system.  The error also occurs 
under the gcc 2.8.1 compiler, in about the same place in the compile 
process.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can try, or if you 
need more information.

It's tough for me to track this down as there seems to be an internal error 
in the built xgcc compiler... at least that's the final failure.

Thanks, Nils.



...deleted...
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/gcc/objc'
touch objc-headers
/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/
gcc/ -dumpspecs > tmp-specs
mv tmp-specs specs
if [ -f libgcc2.ready ] ; then \
        true; \
else \
        touch libgcc2.ready; \
fi
gcc  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -I. -I. -I./config  \
-DTARGET_MACHINE=\"sparc64-unknown-linux-gnulibc1\"  \
-c `echo ./collect2.c | sed 's,^\./,,'`
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -I. -I. -I./config tlink.c
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -I. -I. -I./config hash.c
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -I. -I. -I./config 
cplus-dem.c
echo "int xxy_us_dummy;" >tmp-dum.c
/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/
gcc/ -S tmp-dum.c
echo '/*WARNING: This file is automatically generated!*/' >tmp-under.c
if grep _xxy_us_dummy tmp-dum.s > /dev/null ; then \
  echo "int prepends_underscore = 1;" >>tmp-under.c; \
else \
  echo "int prepends_underscore = 0;" >>tmp-under.c; \
fi
./move-if-change tmp-under.c underscore.c
rm -f tmp-dum.c tmp-dum.s
touch s-under
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -I. -I. -I./config 
underscore.c
rm -f collect2
gcc  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -o collect2 collect2.o tlink.o 
hash.o \
  cplus-dem.o underscore.o version.o choose-temp.o mkstemp.o obstack.o     
echo "" > tmp-runtime
echo "/* This file is automatically generated */" >objc/runtime-info.h
./cc1obj -print-objc-runtime-info tmp-runtime >>objc/runtime-info.h
rm -f tmp-runtime
/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/
gcc/  -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -I./include  -I. -I. -I./config \
-c ./objc/hash.c -o objc/hash.o
In file included from include/objc/hash.h:32,
                 from ./objc/hash.c:29:
include/objc/objc.h:147: size of array `arg_regs' is too large
In file included from include/stdarg.h:30,
                 from objc/runtime.h:29,
                 from ./objc/hash.c:31:
include/va-sparc.h:55: warning: integer overflow in expression
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:34,
                 from objc/runtime.h:31,
                 from ./objc/hash.c:31:
/usr/include/libio.h:217: size of array `_shortbuf' is too large
In file included from objc/runtime.h:38,
                 from ./objc/hash.c:31:
include/objc/objc-api.h:166: size of array `defs' is too large
include/objc/objc-api.h:222: size of array `ivar_list' is too large
include/objc/objc-api.h:255: size of array `method_list' is too large
include/objc/objc-api.h:262: size of array `list' is too large
include/objc/objc-api.h: In function `class_get_version':
include/objc/objc-api.h:475: warning: integer overflow in expression
include/objc/objc-list.h: In function `list_cons':
In file included from objc/runtime.h:43,
                 from ./objc/hash.c:31:
include/objc/objc-list.h:43: warning: integer overflow in expression
./objc/hash.c: In function `hash_new':
./objc/hash.c:54: warning: integer overflow in expression
./objc/hash.c:60: warning: integer overflow in expression
./objc/hash.c:76: internal error--unrecognizable insn:
(insn 16 21 18 (parallel[ 
            (set (reg:DI 109)
                (high:DI (symbol_ref:DI ("*.LLC1"))))
            (clobber (reg:DI 1 %g1))
        ] ) -1 (nil)
    (expr_list:REG_UNUSED (reg:DI 1 %g1)
        (expr_list:REG_EQUAL (high:DI (symbol_ref:DI ("*.LLC1")))
            (nil))))
toplev.c:1360: Internal compiler error in function fatal_insn
make[1]: *** [objc/hash.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lohner/work/egcs_tree/egcs/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
[lohner@xia01 egcs]$ 




Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]