This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
gcc on mips-*-sysv4*
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: gcc on mips-*-sysv4*
- From: "Koundinya.K" <kk at ddeorg dot soft dot net>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:50:41 +0530
Hello everybody,
For the past two months, I have been trying to port gcc (egcs 1.0.3a), but
have not had any success so far. I am using a system running SVR4.2 O.S, with
a mips R4000 CPU, confining to mips ABI standard like sni seimens nixdroff etc.
I am using the mips-sni-sysv4* configuration and also using the gnu assembler
(gas) and gnu linker.
The whole port has gone smoothly except for the following error while after
generating the enquire program when float.h is trying to be generated..
-----------------Earlier stuff not shown --------------------------------------
/usr/local/mips-dde-sysv4.2MP/bin/ld -o enquire /opt/epc/epctools/crt1.o
/opt/e
pc/epctools/crti.o /opt/epc/epctools/values-Xt.o -L.
-L/usr/local/mips-dde-sysv4
..2MP/lib -L/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc -L/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc -L/usr/local/lib enquire.o
-l
gcc -L/usr/ccs/lib/ -lc /opt/epc/epctools/crtn.o -lgcc
./enquire -f > tmp-float.h
dynamic linker: ./enquire: unidentifiable procedure reference (address =
0x40062
ee8)
Killed
*** Error code 137 (bu21) (ignored)
----------------Later stuff not shown------------------------------------------
-
What might have possibly gone wrong. ???
As I suspect is there anything wrong with gnu ld. A question arises as to is
there any particular configuration that I should choose to port the gnu linker
to a generic mips-abi-sysv4* environment. The gnu binutils does not have one
for a generic mips-abi target. So I has to choose the configuration simillar
to the mips-sgi-irix5
Perhaps any one of you who have the gnu linker for machines offered by the
following members of the MIPS ABI group Inc
Control Data Systems Inc.
Dansk Data Elektronik ( **********This is mine ***************)
NEC Corporation
Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG
Siemens Pyramid Information Systems
Silicon Graphics Inc.
SONY Corporation
Tandem Computers
Please .. All suggestions are Welcome.
Thanks for any information provided.
Regards
Koundinya
_____________________________________________________________
/ email | kk@ddeorg.soft.net / |\
/ Phone | +91-080-553 8125 / 553 9217 / 553 8646 / | \
/ Fax | +91-080-553 8646 / | \
|__________|__________|__________|__________|___________/ | \
/ /______|----\
| Koundinya.K ( Development Engineer ) |//////| |
| DDE ORG Systems, III Floor, Maruthi Towers |//////| |
| 3/4, Hosusr Road, Madiwala, Bangalore 560 068, INDIA |//////| |
\________________________________________________________|______|____|
/ \ / \ / \
\___/ \___/ Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all. \___/