This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

Re: configure not happy with OpenBSD2.3


In article <9807179007.AA900726510@ccmail01.pe-nelson.com> you write:
>     Here's a bit of a problem with OpenBSD2.3...

>     I get the following from a CVS (of egcs_1_1_branch) I did two days 
>     ago:

I've been able to build several egcs snapshots by faking the target as
netbsd instead.

I'm currently figuring out how to add a proper port of egcs to openbsd.
With some luck, this will be finished at the same time egcs-1.10 is
released.
Part of the hairiness is checking the port on the myriad of architectures
OpenBSD supports... I may need some help !

I'll also have to figure out how to handle copyright assignments 
(shouldn't be a problem, as I'm doing the port on a personal machine at home), 
and try to cannibalize as much as I can from the official netbsd version, so
that we finally have a clean port.

Worst case: egcs as a port, under OpenBSD.
Best case: cleared up copyrights, OpenBSD as part of egcs-1.11 :-)


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]