This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SGI IRIX 6.4 & gas
- To: mmitchell at usa dot net
- Subject: Re: SGI IRIX 6.4 & gas
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:13:55 -0800
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
You must not use GAS on irix6 platforms; doing so will only cause
Is the prohibition in the docs still correct?
If so, does anyone recall the specific problem; it might be
worth it to me to fix it.
GNU as hasn't been ported to Irix6 yet. This involves adding support for
new assembler syntax, new command line options, new object file formats, etc.
There is a lot of stuff that is different at the assembler level (from Irix5),
and there is a non-trivial amount of work needed to fix this.