This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 2.91.14: packed-1 failure on openvms/alpha, more info
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs 2.91.14: packed-1 failure on openvms/alpha, more info
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:52:18 -0800
- Cc: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>, kkaempf at progis dot de, egcs at cygnus dot com, rth at cygnus dot com
- References: <199803262235.OAA09101@rtl.cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 04:33:54PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Who knows, that code might even be totally useless now that we
> propagate alias information better.
Is that the same code that records "known alignment" of pointers
in registers? That information is still useful, though the way
we keep track of it seems truely ugly.