This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Trouble with genattr and 1.0.2 under linux
- To: romig at bierstadt dot unl dot edu (Phil Romig)
- Subject: Re: Trouble with genattr and 1.0.2 under linux
- From: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 09:42:24 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> I'm trying to build 1.0.2 under linux (libc ver 5, kernel ver 2.0.31).
> I have encountered a couple of problems.
> 1) configure can't guess what kind of system I have. I supplied
How come? BTW, you need binutils 184.108.40.206.23 or above.
> "i586-pc-linux" and that seemed to make it happy. However I suspect
Bad name for libc 5.
> my other problem is related to a bad configuration.
> Any hints/suggestions/similar experiences?
1. Find out why configure can't guess what kind of system you have.
Send me the output of
2. As the last resort, use "i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1".
H.J. Lu (email@example.com)