This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GNU Fortran (g77) Version 0.5.22 Released
- To: Dave Love <d dot love at dl dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: GNU Fortran (g77) Version 0.5.22 Released
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:04:03 -0700
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <email@example.com>you write:
> >>>>> "Jeff" == Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Jeff> An FYI -- I've imported the 0.5.22 sources into egcs. No significan
> Jeff> merge conflicts. Any minor merge problems we'll shake out soon
> Jeff> enough :-)
> Could we keep a `vanilla' -- i.e. g77-0.5.22, at this stage -- g77 and
> libf2c release branch in the egcs repository, I guess including the
> `hot fixes', but probably not alpha test code? (Or would this not be
> a good idea?) I could maintain it, presumably.
Do you mean on a branch? Or do you mean in the mainline sources?
Getting it on a branch wouldn't be too hard.... In fact, 90% of
the work is already done :-)
If you mean don't install any more g77 patches, I think that would
be unwise. After all we're developing the g77 compiler as well
as the other compilers.