This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 2.91.14: packed-1 failure on openvms/alpha, more info
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs 2.91.14: packed-1 failure on openvms/alpha, more info
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:33:54 -0700
- cc: kkaempf at progis dot de, egcs at cygnus dot com, rth at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199803262235.OAA09101@rtl.cygnus.com>you write:
> Is this happening in reg_scan_mark_refs? We're going to need to
> throttle that code to be less aggressive for gcse anyway.
OK. I'll bring over my change from devo.
In theory the whole marking of pointer registers by reg_scan_mark_refs
should be completely reworked to not lose in the presense of global
optimizations. But I haven't come up with the right conceptual model
Who knows, that code might even be totally useless now that we
propagate alias information better.