This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: directory names in linker
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: directory names in linker
- From: Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan at Shevchenko dot Kiev dot UA>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:45:29 +0200
- CC: rssh at grad dot kiev dot ua, egcs at cygnus dot com
- Organization: GlavAPU
- References: <199803242100.NAA23921@rtl.cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: rssh at grad dot kiev dot ua
Jim Wilson wrote:
> After installing egcs-2.91.14 and compiling programs with
> -belph, I receive error:
> crtbegin.o: can not open file for reading
> -b is a gcc option that does not do what you think it does. See the gcc
> Try using -melf/-mcoff instead. I believe -melf is the default, so you
> shouldn't need to specify it.
I think egcs must have backward compability with gcc.for example, -b,elph
is from Makefile for sun Tcl-8.0
Of course, we can say, that it is bug in sun configure,
but if they checked it with gcc, why it is not must work
with egcs ?