This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling problems (egcs)
- To: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas at fib dot hl dot no>
- Subject: Re: Compiling problems (egcs)
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:49:11 -0800
- cc: "gnome-list at gnome dot org" <gnome-list at gnome dot org>, "egcs at cygnus dot com" <egcs at cygnus dot com>
It turned out that there were references
to the egcs-build-directory, in my case /usr/local/src/egcs-build, in
the libf2c.a library in /usr/local/lib (at least I think this was the
culprit). These references also ended up in my gnome-libs and after
deleting the egcs-build directory compiling barfed.
`references' and `compiling barfed' are not very descriptive. You need to
report exactly what commands you typed and exactly what problems you saw.
Some references from the source tree are unavoidable, because the libraries
are compiled with -g, and the debugging info contains the source file names.