This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: case insensitive external symbols
- To: srwmcln at baby dot bedroom dot gen dot nz (Clive Nicolson)
- Subject: Re: case insensitive external symbols
- From: kkaempf at progis dot de
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:29:35 +0100 (MET)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> The native linker under VMS is insensitive to the case of symbols.
Just the native linker under VMS/VAX. This is a common problem when
compiling C source with the VAX C Compiler. VAX C just isn't ANSI-C
(and neither K&R C).
This is no problem on the Alpha or when compiling with GNU C.
EGCS bootstraps fine on openVMS/Alpha with DEC C or GNU C. On the VAX,
you must use GNU C for compiling.
proGIS Software E-Mail: email@example.com
Dipl.-Inform. Klaus K"ampf Fax: 0241-47067-29
Jakobstr. 117 Voice: 0241-47067-11
D-52064 Aachen WWW: http://www.progis.de