This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Re: case insensitive external symbols
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Re: case insensitive external symbols
- From: Clive Nicolson <srwmcln at baby dot bedroom dot gen dot nz>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:45:06 +1300 NZST
- CC: srwmcln at baby dot bedroom dot gen dot nz
>Just the native linker under VMS/VAX. This is a common problem when
I should have been a little more specific.
>compiling C source with the VAX C Compiler. VAX C just isn't ANSI-C
>(and neither K&R C).
>This is no problem on the Alpha or when compiling with GNU C.
>EGCS bootstraps fine on openVMS/Alpha with DEC C or GNU C. On the VAX,
>you must use GNU C for compiling.
Only in the absense of my suggested patch.