This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-1.0.1 and gnu-2.8 STL problem?
- To: jrj at kodak dot com (John Russell Jamieson)
- Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.1 and gnu-2.8 STL problem?
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:04:08 -0800
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
An imaging library that was built with egcs-1.0.1 does not link with a main
compiled using gnu-2.8.0 because the mangled names for the STL
calls couldn't be resolved.
You might check to see if egcs-1.0.2 fixes the problem. There are some known
link-time incompatibilities between egcs-1.0. and gcc-2.8.0 because the
gcc-2.8.0 libstdc++ release was accidentally made from the EGCS development
sources rather than from the EGCS-1.0 release sources. We tried to fix this
in egcs-1.0.2 by updating egcs-1.0.2 to use the same libstdc++ release as
gcc-2.8.0. I don't know if this is the same as your problem, and I don't
know if we were successful at solving that problem, but there is a chance
that it has already been fixed.