This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Two volunteers needed: New scheduler and aliasing code
- To: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>
- Subject: Re: Two volunteers needed: New scheduler and aliasing code
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 23 Mar 1998 11:23:51 -0800
- Cc: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner), jbuck at synopsys dot com, egcs at cygnus dot com, gcc2 at cygnus dot com
- References: <9803231155.AA03115@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: drepper at cygnus dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Well, it sounds ok, but, OTOH, I've heard lots of complaints about FSF
> hosts being off-line recently, whereas egcs.cygnus.com has been much
> more reliable. That's another important issue to be considered.
I can only tell from my experiences with the FSF machines, if you rely
on the your development will have many stops. cvs sometimes simply
crashes the machines or halts them. I only keep a mirror of the cvs
archiv on the FSF machines now since I'm not nly concerned about speed
but also only reliability of the system and getting techsupport to
play in a tape if necessary.
---------------. drepper at gnu.org ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Cygnus Solutions `--' drepper at cygnus.com `------------------------