This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Current CVS source on m68k-next-nextstep3 chokes on first stage2compile with segmentation violation
- To: wilson at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Current CVS source on m68k-next-nextstep3 chokes on first stage2compile with segmentation violation
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Sun, 22 Mar 98 16:45:28 +0100
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <9803201551.AA28283@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>
> Using the current CVS source (in fact, the problem has
> been there for over a day) on m68k-next-nextstep3, I get
> the following segmentation violation on the first stage2
[ ... etc. ... ]
I managed to "solve" this by removing (i.e. patch -R'ing) the
following change by Jim Wilson:
Wed Mar 18 12:43:20 1998 Jim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* loop.c (struct movable): New field move_insn_first.
(scan_loop): In consec sets code, set it. Clear it otherwise.
(move_movables): In consec sets code, use it. Copy
p to i1 only if i1 does not have REG_NOTES. Delete
This is most probably not the appropriate fix; unfortunately, I
didn't manage to find out what was wrong with the change as such -
the fault could also simply be another bug triggered by this change.