This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Auto-parallelization support?
- To: Ossama Othman <othman at astrosun dot tn dot cornell dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Auto-parallelization support?
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:11:42 -0800
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
Are there any egcs auto-parallelization plans for SMP systems, more
specifically Linux on x86?
There are no current plans that I know of. Auto-parallelization is not an
easy problem, so it don't expect support for it anytime soon.
The SUIF project has such a compiler, you could try looking at that.