This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de (Martin von Loewis)
- Subject: Re: using-directives
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 98 9:25:59 PST
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> Sorry for posting all this C++ stuff to the egcs list, I get more
> feedback here than I do on comp.std.c++ (thanks, Alexandre!).
Sigh. That's not a good reason to misuse the list. Everyone who is
dissatisfied with comp.std.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated could decide to
use egcs to get their questions answered, but it would tend to drive
people whose focus is maintaining and improving egcs away, which would be
a loss. Already the volume of this list is more than I really want to
cope with. In fairness to the subscribers, please keep the focus on egcs
Please use comp.std.c++, not egcs, to answer questions about the C++
standard, unless it is egcs-relevant (e.g. "egcs does X, but from my
reading of the standard it should do Y.").