This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
egcs is seriously broken on Pentium Pro
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: egcs is seriously broken on Pentium Pro
- From: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:54:10 -0800 (PST)
The current egcs is seriously broken on Pentium Pro. I have
sent in several bug reports with test cases. I also sent
a patch to fix one bug. After applying my patch, I found one more
bug on Pentium Pro. But you won't see that bug unless my
patch is applied first since the compiler dumps core before
it reaches the second bug.
I believe those bugs are caused by
1. floating point constant conditional move.
2. standard x87 floating point constants.
3. constant pool and nested functions.
2 and 3 are exposed by 1. BTW, gcc 2.8.1 doesn't 1 so that
those bugs are invisible in gcc 2.8.1.
H.J. Lu (email@example.com)