Re: A patch for dejagnu

	+	    # We search ${target_alias} last since it is only valid
	+	    # when we are running dejagnu on an installed gcc. We
	+	    # don't want to get it by accident.

This is due to an unfortunate difference between the Cygnus source tree and
the EGCS source tree.  In EGCS, we build libraries in a subdirectory called
`libraries'.  In the Cygnus source tree, we build libraries in a subdirectory
called `${target_alias}'.  Hence searching target_alias first is correct
for the Cygnus sources, but not correct for EGCS.

Historical info: The Cygnus source tree creates the subdirectory only if
we are doing a cross, in which case --target=foo must have been specified,
and using foo for the subdirectory name was reasonable.  EGCS always creates
the subdirectory, so as to make multilibbed native builds work.  Since there
is usually no --target=foo option, using target_alias is unsafe, as it might
not be a valid filename.  I changed EGCS to use libraries instead, but this
change never got propagated back into the Cygnus sources.

I probably should make an attempt to get this `libraries' change into the
Cygnus sources, so that the two source trees will be consistent, and then
we can make a dejagnu that will work for both of them.

Jim