This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: an option to enable C9X features
- To: rth at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: an option to enable C9X features
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:04:40 -0800
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
Except that colons are how ISO writes it, eg `ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996(E)'
is POSIX 1. Not that it would really be confusing if we changed it...
I have concerns about the colons because I usually think of them as special
characters not appropriate for normal use. However, trying out a few shells,
it seems that colons are OK for all of them, so we may as well stick with
them for now.