This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Year 2000/2037 compliance
- To: lutz dot wohlrab at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
- Subject: Re: Year 2000/2037 compliance
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 03:13:00 -0700
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <9803110559.AA00930@zaphod.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>you write:
> Does anybody know definitely whether egcs and the libraries that come with
> it are year 2000 or even year 2037-compliant?
I'm not aware of any y2k issues in the compiler. In general the
compiler doesn't care a whole lot about dates/times. Of course
if there are underlying issues with the host system, then those
may effect tools like the compiler.
y2037 is a separate issue. I don't know if anyone's bothered
to think about 2037 issues for gcc yet.