This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Executable size increase using egcs 1.0.1 on Solaris 2.6
- To: Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg at krdl dot org dot sg>
- Subject: Re: Executable size increase using egcs 1.0.1 on Solaris 2.6
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:29:27 -0700
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199803100815.QAA05886@charlotte.krdl.org.sg>you write:
> I wrote a simple hello.c
> #include <stdio.h>
> printf("Hello World!\n");
> And compiled it with gcc-2.7.2 , egcs-1.0.1(haifa enabled) and
> egcs-1.02-980309-prerelease(haifa disabled)
> The following are the file sizes and the output of size -f
THis may be an increase in the size of the debug sections or
symbol table. Of course "size" doesn't give you such information.
objdump would probably give you information about the debug sections.