This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: EH and powerpc
- To: jeroen dobbelaere xe44 7682 <dobbelaj at access dot bel dot alcatel dot be>
- Subject: Re: EH and powerpc
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 16:07:09 -0800
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
Is there a way to use the powerpc as target without sjsl exceptions
(but still with exceptions) ?
As you have already figured out, there is no alternative to sjlj until someone
adds DWARF2 frame unwind support to the powerpc port. So far this has been
done for the mips, sparc, i386, and m68k port. I don't know if there is
an explanation anywhere of how to do this, but you can look at the existing
supported ports for clues. In particular, look at the FUNCTION_PROLOGUE,
FUNCTION_EPILOGUE macros, and the prologue/epilogue named patterns in the md
file, and see the support for RTX_FRAME_RELATED_P and dwarf2out_do_frame in
them. See also the DWARF_* macros in the tm.h file.