This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Re: CSE improvement
- To: Bruno Haible <haible at ilog dot fr>
- Subject: Re: [patch] Re: CSE improvement
- From: John Carr <jfc at mit dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 18:03:20 -0500
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> Only on Sparc, not on i386. It depends on strict alignment of p1 and p2.
> (If p1 and p2 differ by half a word, nothing can be said about *p1 after
> the store.)
C code which stores to partially overlapping locations is non-conforming.