This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A cpp patch for egcs 1.0.2
- To: law at cygnus dot com, hjl at lucon dot org
- Subject: Re: A cpp patch for egcs 1.0.2
- From: Manfred Hollstein <manfred at s-direktnet dot de>
- Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:23:38 +0100 (MET)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com, Manfred dot Hollstein at ks dot sel dot alcatel dot de
- References: <m0yBjV2-00058JC@ocean.lucon.org><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Manfred Hollstein <manfred at s-direktnet dot de>
On Sun, 8 March 1998, 11:18:07, email@example.com wrote:
> In message <m0yBjV2-00058JC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
> > > Jeff, I saw you put in -Di386 in cpp. I am not sure if it is the
> > > best way to fix the problem. With my approach, you can do it by
> > > adding i386/t-install-cpp to tmake_file for target i86-*-*.
> > > The cpp symlink is as reliable as the cpp shell script.
> > >
> > Oops. I meant to say "the cpp symlink is as NOT reliable as the cpp
> > shell script."
> It appears that my message might have been lost in the great mail
> bit bucket.
> Using -Di386 is the easiest, safest thing to do for the release. It
> merely restores previous behavior.
> I think we should install your shell script change into the
> mainline sources.