This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Auto-rpath revisited...
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: Auto-rpath revisited...
- From: Swen Thuemmler <swen at uni-paderborn dot de>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:15:03 +0100 (MET)
- cc: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>, wilson at cygnus dot com, leei at ai dot sri dot com, egcs at cygnus dot com
On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:
> What's wrong with my proposal to modify LIB_SPECS? It is
> easy and should be harmless. We only need to modify LIB_SPECS
> on a platform by platform basis.
This unfortunately conflicts with LD_RUN_PATH, at least on solaris. If you
add -rpath (or -R) to the ld options, they will happily override the
setting in LD_RUN_PATH, which may lead to strange effects. When you for
example generate a Makefile via xmkmf, the linking stage becomes something
LD_RUN_PATH=/whereever/X11R6/lib g++ -o ...
Just changing LIB_SPECS will let the program find the libg++, but all of a
sudden, the X11-libraries cannot be found.