This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 with -march=pentiumpro
- To: Andrew Pollard <andrew at odie dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 with -march=pentiumpro
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:59:00 -0700
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199802251247.MAA00396@odie.demon.co.uk>you write:
> I think that in the head development sources it is fine, but in the
> 1.0.x releases it isn't... not that I've tried it recently. I know I
> hand patched my egcs-1.0.1 a while ago to fix the problem, and that
> patch is in the development source....
> Sat Jan 10 22:04:15 1998 Stan Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * i386.md: (movsicc_1, movhicc_1): For alternate 3 set the opcode
> suffix from operand 3.
Those patterns are disabled on the release due to other problems.
So we don't need to go back and apply the patch to the release