Re: __i386__ and cpp

  In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980303094106.14597B-100000@panic.can.seawood.org>yoite:
  > Is this script really needed?  Are there any other cases of programs
  > checking for i386 via cpp?  If imake is the only one, why go thru the
  > trouble of the script for one specific case?
Well, in my past experience a few programs want to do dorky things
like "/lib/cpp blah blah blah".  imake is the most popular, but I
don't think it's the only program that might depend on this behavior.

Also, this (bogus) imake behavior is entrenched on many of the
systems where we want egcs to "just dropin and work".  If we can't
build X without user hackery, then IMHO, we've failed to provide
a drop in replacement.

jeff