Re: __i386__ and cpp

  In message <m0yATyV-00058JC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
  > 1. It doesn't make sense to install cpp for cross-compiler. Maybe
  > it should be host == target.
I disagree.  I might have a cross build environment that wants to
call cpp.  In fact, I've had to do this before.

  > 2. If prefix != /usr, that may indicate there is another C compiler
  > under /usr and a cpp linked to it.
Right.  But if we're providing cpp, it should be provided under
$prefix regardless of the value of $prefix.  Anything else is
flat out wrong.  Also see #1.

  > Another choice it to add --install-cpp to configure. I can
  > try that too. But that will need more work to modify egcs/configure
  > and gcc/configure.in.
I would prefer a configure time option.

jeff