Re: [bug] Inheritance and friend access control broken

Alexandre> Gabriel Dos Reis writes:
>>> protected member field access control seems to be broken in EGCS-980205.

Alexandre> I don't think your example is correct.  Friendship is not transitive;
Alexandre> just because f() is friend of D, it doesn't mean it has any
Alexandre> priviledged access to B.  However, since B::j is a member of D
Alexandre> (inherited from B), f() can access it as such.

> The FDIS says :

Seems like I was wrong.  Sorry, I should have checked that before
posting.  Thanks for having done that.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org