This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ppc, 1.0.1 & 980302, fixed/forbidden register spilled
- To: egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: ppc, 1.0.1 & 980302, fixed/forbidden register spilled
- From: Geoffrey KEATING <geoffk at discus dot anu dot edu dot au>
- Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:59:49 +1100 (EST)
- CC: Elliot Lee <sopwith at cuc dot edu>
> condvar.c: In function `pthread_cond_timedwait_relative':
> condvar.c:153: fixed or forbidden register 68 (0) was spilled for class
> CR0_REGS. This may be due to a compiler bug or to impossible asm
You can find a patch for this at
This is probably best used for PPC targets only; it might make
already-existing problems in other ports worse. Other solutions have
been proposed, but not AFAIK implemented.
I'll integrate that patch with my other patches when I can
build egcs again... Right now, I can't build anything because of
kernel problems :-(.
Geoff Keating <Geoff.Keating@anu.edu.au>