This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC MMX PATCH
- To: Hasdi R Hashim <hasdi at umich dot edu>
- Subject: Re: GCC MMX PATCH
- From: John Carr <jfc at mit dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 15:53:23 -0500
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
Check out the Sun VIS SDK for a similar conecpt. Sun's compiler has
inline assembly but the format is much different.
You need a target macro to enable MMX. When it is clear
REG_CLASS_FROM_LETTER('x') must return NO_REGS.
gcc needs to enforce the rule that floating point and MMX don't mix.
You probably need register classes for general registers + MMX registers
because gcc will want to use such a class for DImode values. You don't
need a constraint letter for these classes.
If you plan to do anything for UltraSPARC VIS, check with me first.