This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: gperf?
- From: Bruno Haible <haible at ilog dot fr>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:39:32 +0100 (MET)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
- References: <199803021443.PAA03102.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
> > gperf is useful outside of gcc and egcs. Why is gperf not distributed as
> > a stand-alone program, like bison and flex ?
> There's cperf at ftp.gnu.org. It's an equivalent program, written in C.
That doesn't obviate the need for gperf. People and egcs use gperf.
libg++ is slowly being abandoned, and it never was the right place for a
tool similar to bison and flex. How about making it stand-alone, and
putting it into the infrastructure/ directory?
I volunteer to do this.