This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: __i386__ and cpp
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: __i386__ and cpp
- From: hjl at lucon dot org (H.J. Lu)
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 08:08:03 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: egcs at cygnus dot com
> In message <m0y3T4L-0004ecC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
> > __i386__ has been dropped from cpp in 1996. It
> > causes a problem for imake since it calls cpp
> > directly. It would be nice for egcs 1.0.2 to
> > define __i386__ on all x86 platforms.
> Actually, it looks like Imake is involing /lib/cpp, which is
> a symlink into the gcc-2.7 gcc-lib directory on my linux boxes.
> So how exactly are folks getting the egcs cpp when they're using
How about people who uses egcs 1.0.1 as their only compiler :-)?
They will make such a link.
H.J. Lu (firstname.lastname@example.org)