Re: middle-end/10415: allocated stack space non optimimal

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/10415; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
To: GrzegorzB <b dot grzes at interia dot pl>
Cc: gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: middle-end/10415: allocated stack space non optimimal
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:43:12 -0500 (CDT)

 > So sorry, I thought it is a bug.

 Well, I still think that this is a quality of implementation bug, gcc
 should be able to do better. I mean, it is not _wrong_ if the compiler
 allocated too much stack space, it is just wasteful.

 There are a number of reports in the bug database about this problem,
 which also have some documentation about what is the cause for this inside
 the compiler. Let me close this report, since there are others.

 Thanks anyway
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu
                                www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/