Re: optimization/10393: gcc does not generate code for loop

The following reply was made to PR optimization/10393; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dag Agren <dagren at abo dot fi>
To: ebotcazou at gcc dot gnu dot org, <dagren at abo dot fi>, <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>,
   <gcc-prs at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Subject: Re: optimization/10393: gcc does not generate code for loop
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:34:12 +0300 (EET DST)

 On 15 Apr 2003 ebotcazou at gcc dot gnu dot org wrote:

 > Synopsis: gcc does not generate code for loop
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: ebotcazou
 > State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 15 08:16:05 2003
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     I can't reproduce on Linux/x86. Could you post the faulty
 >     fragment of assembly code?
 >
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10393

 Hmm, trying to reproduce it myself from the .ii file fails. Also, the
 generated assembler output does not look familiar to what I got in my
 earlier tests. This is most confusing, as I did not save the orignal
 source file. Would gcc ever produce different output from a .cpp and the
 corresponding .ii file?

 --
 Dag Agren <> d at c3 dot cx <> http://www.abo.fi/~dagren/ <> Legalize oregano