Re: libstdc++/9828: Regression: Segmentation fault in num_put::put

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/9828; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
Cc: peturr02 at ru dot is, jlquinn at optonline dot net, paolo at gcc dot gnu dot org,
   gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org,
   libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/9828: Regression: Segmentation fault in num_put::put
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:17:06 -0600

 >Yep. This is what I was talking about when this first went in, abit very
 >vaguely. If you could do something like has_cache/use_cache as analogues
 >to has_facet/has_cache I think we'll be better off.

 Ugh. I mean: has_cache/use_cache like has_facet/use_facet! I didn't get
 this right the first time I posted it.

 Also, this will make the zero-allocation bits easier to do. (We need a
 way to do zero allocation for both the standard streams, and for the
 future, when persistent streams are done.)

 best,
 benjamin