Re: c++/9872: temporary destructor not called?

The following reply was made to PR c++/9872; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu>
To: Sandor Kovacs <sandor at ctjapan dot com>
Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, <sakovacs at freemail dot hu>, <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Subject: Re: c++/9872: temporary destructor not called?
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:35:21 -0600 (CST)

 Sandor,
 I attached your preprocessed source. Thanks for sending them in.
 However...

 > If I've missed something or you need further info please let me know;

 ...yes, we are missing something:

 >   gcc -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -lqt-mt bug.o -o bug

 You are linking with libqt-mt.so. What we need is a _self-contained_
 testcase, i.e. something that we can test without additional libraries. If
 we don't have that, it is impossible to find out whether the problem is in
 the compiler itself, or in the code that is in the library that is being
 linked in.

 Please try to pack everything into one file, including the necessary .cpp
 files from qt, such that it can be compiled without linking together
 several .o or .so files.

 Thanks
   Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/