Re: middle-end/9725: Invalid dependency determination

The following reply was made to PR middle-end/9725; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at novell dot com>
Cc: <bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu>,  <velco at fadata dot bg>,  <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>,
     <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Subject: Re: middle-end/9725: Invalid dependency determination
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:07:28 +0000 (GMT)

 On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Jan Beulich wrote:

 > The structure does include two fields of type 'unsigned' (the fact that
 > they are bit fields doesn't alter their type as I view it). And, as

 It does alter their type; the standard is clear on this (and there are C90
 DRs confirming it).  (There are bugs in GCC relating to the types of
 bit-fields; Neil Booth had a patch for them but it was reverted because of
 problems with debug info generation.)

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk