Re: optimization/9736: same fp comparison can lead to different results

The following reply was made to PR optimization/9736; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
To: Richard Addison-Wood <richard at wetafx dot co dot nz>
Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org,
 nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org,
 gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: optimization/9736: same fp comparison can lead to different results
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:02:14 +0100

 > If the compiler produces valid assembly code that does not
 > correctly execute the input source code, that is a compiler bug.

 Sure. But why do you keep using a compilation mode that you know will
 generate a faulty executable for your program? I can't say much more than
 the GCC manual here: if your program relies on exact IEEE floating-point
 semantics to properly work, compile it with -ffloat-store. Otherwise
 eliminate the dependencies on the IEEE format.

 --
 Eric Botcazou