This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++/8670: Alignment problem in std::basic_string
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: gdr at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-prs at gcc dot gnu dot org,
- Date: 18 Feb 2003 12:26:00 -0000
- Subject: Re: libstdc++/8670: Alignment problem in std::basic_string
- Reply-to: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/8670; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Gabriel Dos Reis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Subject: Re: libstdc++/8670: Alignment problem in std::basic_string
Date: 18 Feb 2003 13:21:00 +0100
| Synopsis: Alignment problem in std::basic_string
| Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->gdr
| Responsible-Changed-By: paolo
| Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Feb 18 11:17:01 2003
| Knows well the issue.
| State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
| State-Changed-By: paolo
| State-Changed-When: Tue Feb 18 11:17:01 2003
| Hi Gaby. What's the status on this one? Shall we go with
| the 'quick and dirty' solution proposed by Martin? I seem
| to recall, however, that you had in mind something cleaner,
| using __attribute__((__aligned__(__alignof__ ...
Thanks for the reminder. I'll resurect the corresponding patch I had
in mind. Sorry, I was caught in front-end specific issues and it is
no joy at all :-]