Re: optimization/9711: glibc 2.3.1 miscompiled (mcpu=i686, mcpu=athlon,-fomit-frame-pointer)

The following reply was made to PR optimization/9711; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Ronald Wahl <Ronald.Wahl@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: optimization/9711: glibc 2.3.1 miscompiled (mcpu=i686, mcpu=athlon,
 -fomit-frame-pointer)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:07:45 -0600 (CST)

 > Maybe we can forget all about my bug report if one could tell me if
 > it should matter if I specify march/mcpu options in cc1_options
 > instead of cc1_cpu in the spec file. If this really matters then it
 > should be documented somewhere I think. I had these options appended
 > to cc1_options. If I move'em to cc1_cpu the problems go away.

 I don't know anything about the spec files. However, we would certainly be
 interested in having the piece of code that you say is miscompiled being
 identified. If you could try to track that down, and show us how it is
 miscompiled, that would be great!

 Thanks
   W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu