libstdc++/9615: STL classes are not in the std namespace

>Number:         9615
>Category:       libstdc++
>Synopsis:       STL  classes are not in the std namespace
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Feb 07 17:36:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Kevin Henry
>Release:        3.2.1
In 3.2.1, you have moved many of the STL classes into your own namespace, __gnu_cxx, which should be in the std namespace.  Also, they are not in the standard include directory, but rather in multiple subdirectories, including 'ext'.

This makes writing portable code impossible.  I need to be able to use the STL code on Windows, Linux (6.2, 8.0), HPUX, and Solaris.

The STL classes should be in their standard locations (as specified by SGI) so that STL is, in fact, STANDARD.