Re: c++/9597: Exception crash in shared library on Solaris 2.8 Intel platform

The following reply was made to PR c++/9597; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Christian Ehrhardt" <ehrhardt@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
To: pvantrepote@yahoo.fr
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/9597: Exception crash in shared library on Solaris 2.8 Intel platform
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:16:57 +0100

 On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 02:36:54PM -0000, pvantrepote@yahoo.fr wrote:
 > I got a crash when i throw an exception in a shared library.
 > I use gcc 3.2.1 on Solaris 2.8 i386 Intel Platform.
 > [ ... ]

 Core dumps with shared libs and Solaris rings a bell. However, what I
 have in mind shouldn't apply to intel targets at all. Could you try the
 following experiments and tell me if any of these help:

 - Use the SUN supplied linker to create the shared library
 - Add -z nocombreloc to the ld flags for the GNU linker
 - link the shared lib statically into the program.

 If any of these make a difference send the output of elfdump -G
 for the shared lib.

     regards  Christian

 --
 THAT'S ALL FOLKS!