Re: c/9390: Segmentation Fault when compiling for athlon withLANG=es_ES@euro or LC_ALL=es_ES@euro

The following reply was made to PR c/9390; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: david@aspl.es, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c/9390: Segmentation Fault when compiling for athlon with
 LANG=es_ES@euro or LC_ALL=es_ES@euro
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:57:05 -0600 (CST)

 > >   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-10/msg01694.html
 >
 > I don't see either the script or a list of problems in that thread.

 I checked yesterday and couldn't find the script in the archives as well.
 Too bad, so it's lost for now. The idea was actually pretty simple: since
 original and translated messages follow each other, just grep them for the
 type of number of %X sequences and check that they coincide. Also check
 that their order is the same. If not, print an error message.

 If people think that this is helpful, I can re-create the script. My
 original idea was to plug it into the Makefile, so that bootstraps would
 break if messages contained errors. This proved unfeasible due to the
 number of problems.

 I am really surprised that this is not an issue the translation project
 has already encountered -- other projects must have the same issues, and
 such a script would be universally useful!?

 W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/