This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH for c++/91923 - failure-to-SFINAE with class type NTTP in C++17
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 22:11:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH for c++/91923 - failure-to-SFINAE with class type NTTP in C++17
- References: <20190927160345.GI2954@redhat.com>
On 9/27/19 12:03 PM, Marek Polacek wrote:
We reject this well-formed test because the following error was triggering
even in a SFINAE context, while it should not:
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/sfinae says that
"attempting to give an invalid type to a non-type template parameter" is
a SFINAE error.
I wonder if the tf_error check should be used more in that function.
this is enough for this particular testcase.
Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?