This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch 0/X] [WIP][RFC][libsanitizer] Introduce HWASAN to GCC
- From: Martin Liška <mliska at suse dot cz>
- To: Matthew Malcomson <Matthew dot Malcomson at arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "dodji at redhat dot com" <dodji at redhat dot com>, nd <nd at arm dot com>, "kcc at google dot com" <kcc at google dot com>, "jakub at redhat dot com" <jakub at redhat dot com>, "dvyukov at google dot com" <dvyukov at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:02:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch 0/X] [WIP][RFC][libsanitizer] Introduce HWASAN to GCC
- References: <email@example.com>
As mentioned in the next email thread, there are main objectives
that will help me to make a proper patch review:
1) Make first libsanitizer merge from trunk, it will remove the need
of the backports that you made. Plus I will be able to apply the
patchset on the current master.
2) I would exclude the setjmp/longjmp - these should be upstreamed first
3) I would like to see a two HWASAN options that will clearly separate the
2 supported modes: TBI without MTE and MTE. Here I would appreciate to have
a compiler farm machine with TBI which we can use for testing.
4) About the BUILTIN expansion: you provided a patch for couple of them. My question
is whether the list is complete?
5) I would appreciate the patch set to be split into less logical parts, e.g.
libsanitizer changes; option introduction; stack variable handling (colour/uncolour/alignment);
hwasan pass and other GIMPLE-related changes; RTL hooks, new RTL instructions and expansion changes.