This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] rs6000: Make CSE'ing __tls_get_addr calls possible
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 15:14:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] rs6000: Make CSE'ing __tls_get_addr calls possible
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20190831191730.GU31406@gate.crashing.org>
On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 02:17:30PM -0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Hi all,
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 11:46:12PM +0000, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > CSE does not consider calls, not even const calls. This patch puts a
> > REG_EQUAL note on the pseudo we assign the __tls_get_addr result to,
> > so that those pseudos can be CSE'd and the extra calls deleted as dead
> > code.
> > CSE should really handle const calls directly, but it is stage 4.
> I am backporting this to GCC 8.
Actually, that is not trivial at all, so I'm not doing that.