This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] correct MEM_REF bounds checking of arrays (PR 91584)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 09:28:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] correct MEM_REF bounds checking of arrays (PR 91584)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:36 AM Martin Sebor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The -Warray-bounds enhancement I added to GCC 9 causes false
> positives in languages like Fortran whose first array element
> is at a non-zero index. The attached patch has the function
> responsible for the warning normalize the array bounds to
> always start at zero to avoid these false positives.
> Tested on x86_64-linux.