This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [12/13] Make calls.c use function_arg_info internally
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, richard dot sandiford at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 16:20:33 -0600
- Subject: Re: [12/13] Make calls.c use function_arg_info internally
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 8/19/19 9:23 AM, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> This patch makes the two main calls.c argument-processing
> routines track the state of the argument in a function_arg_info
> instead of using separate mode variables.
> 2019-08-19 Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * calls.c (emit_library_call_value_1): Merge arg and orig_arg
> into a single function_arg_info, updating its fields when we
> apply pass-by-reference and promotion semantics. Use the
> function_arg_info to track the mode rather than keeping it in
> a separate local variable.
> (initialize_argument_information): Likewise. Base the final
> arg_to_skip on this new function_arg_info rather than creating
> a new one from scratch.